About Royal Redeemer

On one October morning in 1956, 26 local families walked into North Royalton City Hall to worship for the first time as a new congregation of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod.

That was the beginning of Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church. About one year later, the small group broke ground at our current location, the corner of Royalton and Abbey roads.

Little did they know that nearly 60 years later, Royal Redeemer would:

  • Be the church home of nearly 3,000 members
  • Have a nationally accredited school where hundreds of children, from age 2 through grade 8, learn to thrive in and outside of the classroom
  • Equip and send hundreds of people on missions to Alaska, Haiti, Kenya and dozens of places in between
  • Plant new churches around Northeast Ohio, including Community of Hope in Brecksville and Faithwalk Church in Brunswick

But what drives Royal Redeemer today is the same mission that inspired our founding families: To make and grow disciples of Jesus Christ.

We do that by helping people:

  • Connect more deeply with God
  • Build healthier relationships and feel like they Belong
  • Thrive with a more productive, meaningful life