Good Afternoon!!!!! I hope you got a chance to take a walk…sit on the patio…open the window! This morning I was focussing on “social Distancing, quarantine, and isolation. Isolation is defined as…”having minimal contact with others.”Many of you have felt that way for years…ISOLATED due to:
- having few friends
- distance between family and friends
- health issues
- lack of mobility…physical immobility…or no car
For others this isolation is a NEW concept:
- working from home
- feeling trapped with kids and their school work
- places and events that are closed
- no visitors at the nursing home/hospice
- quarantine due to doctor’s orders
- churches closed
- funerals with few hugs as only 10 or smaller can attend
I want you to focus on 3 things today:First…..You are never alone!
- In Matthew 28:20, Jesus tells the disciples (and I might add you) “I am with you always, to the very end of the age”.
- In Joshua 1:9… Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Isaiah 41:10…So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Deuteronomy 31:6…Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Zephaniah 3:17…The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”
- Hebrews 13:5…Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you“
- Romans 8:38-39… For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
SO…ALWAYS REMEMBER…YOU MAY BE (OR FEEL) ISOLATED BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU ARE NEVER ALONE!SECOND:
- Your church is always there for you!
- Pastor Harris has a daily devotion – www.royred.org/dailydevotionals
- You can call Terry at 237-7958 ext. 200 in regards to food needs.
- You can call Pam at 440-237-7958 ext. 110 for medical questions, prayers, health concerns.
- You can call me if you are struggling or need someone to talk to (440-241-4779).
I am always intrigued at Paul…there he is in prison for his faith…and what is he doing? Acts 16:25…About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. I encourage you to do the same!
- I encourage each of you to reach out via phone, text, skype, mail, carrier pigeon (just kidding!) to someone who may be feeling isolated.
- The church is making lists of those that would appreciate a phone call….If you would want to make a few caring calls, let Terry know at 440-237-7958 ext 200. Give her your contact info.
Lord…we worship you as Lord and Savior. You are the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings. Lord, the world as we knew it seems so different today. remind us that you are the same today and everyday. Wrap your loving arms around each of us. When we feel alone and isolated, remind us that you are always with us. Lord watch over those who are out there working to keep us safe and to provide for our needs. May this crisis bring us closer to you in faith. Amen.