PHASED RE-ENTRY PLAN
Updated as of 6/10/2020.
JOIN US FOR ONSITE WORSHIP!
Please read the following information very carefully. Details are subject to change.
PLEASE NOTE OUR SERVICE TIMES HAVE TEMPORARILY CHANGED.
Capacity and times will increase as needed.
In the Sanctuary with organ, choir and the formal Lutheran liturgy.
In the Christian Activity Center with the praise band and a more relaxed setting.
Watch from home anytime
All services will be available for live streaming at their respective service times as well recorded for later viewing.
Guidelines & FAQs
JOIN US FOR ONSITE SUNDAY WORSHIP BEGINNING SUNDAY, JUNE 28!
We’re excited to be with our brothers and sisters in Christ again! Your survey responses were invaluable in helping us to refine this plan. Please take time to read the following information very carefully.
For a printable PDF version, click here: Re-entry Plan Guidelines
Why is it important to follow these interim procedures and guidelines?
The following guidelines and procedures have been established to create an atmosphere of caring for our members, visitors, and staff so that we may hopefully minimize the opportunity to pass contagious diseases among those who attend worship services, and slowly reacclimate ourselves to being with fellow worshippers. It is our prayer that everyone choosing to attend services follows these and other state-mandated guidelines while visiting our church home. If you do not feel you can follow these guidelines or feel uncomfortable gathering on-site, please join us for online worship at www.royred.org.
It is important to note that this situation is ever evolving. Information contained within is subject to change at any given time. As such, we encourage you to routinely check your email and our website (www.royred.org) and Facebook (Facebook.com/royredNR) for important updates.
Can I just show up to worship?
To accommodate everyone safely, we ask that you sign up to attend a worship service. This is a temporary measure and we ask for your patience. The link will be available on our website on MONDAYS at NOON of each week. The first sign-up will be available June 22 at noon. If you do not have internet access, please call the church beginning at that same time, and speak with Lorrie Russell, (440)237-7958 ext. 123.
What do I need to know about returning to onsite worship?
- We are following The State of Ohio guidelines. Social distancing is still required.
- Everyone must wear a mask except for those aged two (2) and under.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- If you are sick, if you have been caring for/exposed to someone who is sick, if you are coughing, if you have a fever – please, stay at home! We encourage you to worship online until you return to full health.
- Currently, we are only offering Sunday Capacity and times will increase as needed.
- 100 people in the Sanctuary (traditional) at 8:30 AM
- 200 people in the CAC (contemporary) at 10:00 AM
What spaces are open/closed?
- Restrooms outside the Sanctuary and the CAC will be open. All other restrooms are closed. Please use your hand towel after hand washing to open the door as you leave. There will be a trash can just outside each restroom. The restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized after each service.
- Please do not enter any other areas of the church or school including the church office wing, Gathering Room*, kitchen, nursery, Room 102, or any other space.
* We will not be offering any food or beverages. We also ask that you do not bring any food or beverages into the building, so please come caffeinated and having already eaten.
Will the children be returning to Redeemer Kids?
- The nursery and children’s ministry areas will remain closed during this time. Children are encouraged to worship with their families. Online study materials are still available.
- Children’s activity bags will not be available during this transition period.
What do I do when I arrive?
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early so that we can allow time to get everyone safely seated. It is important that we begin services promptly for two reasons – we are live streaming our services, and we need to allow enough time for proper cleaning and sanitizing.
- Abbey road is open to Royal Redeemer from Rt. 82. Please disregard the “road closed” sign at Rt. 82.
- Park in the Abbey Road lots only and remember to maintain safe social distancing upon entering. During this time, the back-door entrance, the NORTH ENTRANCE (school entrance), and the CENTRAL ENTRANCE (Room 102) will remain locked.
- For sanctuary services, enter only through the doors under the portico labeled, “CHURCH ENTRANCE.” For contemporary services, enter only through the doors labeled, “CHRISTIAN ACTIVITY CENTER.” A set of double doors will remain open at each entrance.
What do I need to know about entering/exiting the Sanctuary?
- Once you enter the building, proceed directly to the Sanctuary. Do not remain in the hallway or Narthex. If you bring a coat or jacket, please keep it with you.
- We will be seating the Sanctuary from front to back. Do NOT sit where we have marked off the pew with blue painter’s tape. Family units with a common residence are requested to sit together.
- At the close of the service, you will be asked to leave by alternating pews, back to front. Please remain seated until there is a safe distance between you and the next section. The pastor will not greet worshippers at the door, although he may be standing behind the Welcome Center to greet you from a distance.
What do I need to know about entering/exiting the Christian Activity Center (CAC)?
- Once you enter the building, proceed directly into the CAC. Do not remain in the Commons area or hallways. If you bring a coat or jacket, please keep it with you.
- We will be seating the CAC from the left of stage, front to back. Chairs will be set up differently following distancing guidelines. Family units with a common residence are requested to sit together.
- At the close of each service, please wait for instruction from the Pastor and remain seated until you are invited to leave. Those sitting closest to the Commons will leave first. The pastor will not greet worshippers at the door, although he may be standing behind the Welcome Center to greet you from a distance.
What will worship look like?
- Other than seating arrangements, the worship service will be conducted in a manner of which you are familiar, with a few exceptions.
- Sermon outlines will be available on a table. If desired, bring a Bible and a pen.
- We will have a “contact-less” greeting where we simply smile and wave at those around us without leaving our seats.
- The collecting of tithes and offerings will take place as you come forward for Communion. Online giving and text-to-give are available, as well.
- Communion will be offered every week during this time of transition. The pastor will provide instructions before you come forward for Communion.
- Face masks and protective gloves will be worn by those preparing and distributing the Communion elements.
What do I do when it’s time to leave the building?
- Please exit the building immediately after worship through the propped open doors and proceed to your vehicle. Remember to keep a safe distance from others.
- If you wish to speak with someone after the service, please do so in the parking lot and not in the building. Our goal is to limit the time we spend in the building to allow enough time for proper cleaning and sanitizing.
Phased Re-entry Plan
The following guidelines and procedures have been established to create an atmosphere of caring for our members, visitors, and staff so that we may hopefully minimize the opportunity to pass contagious diseases among those who attend worship services, and slowly reacclimate ourselves to being with fellow worshippers.
Starting June 28th, we will be in Phase 2 of our Phased Re-entry Plan.
For a printable PDF version, click here: Phased Re-entry Plan Graphic.
Live Stream & Online Worship
We will continue to provide online viewing options. By implementing “live streaming”, all our traditional and contemporary services can be viewed in real time. They will also be recorded for later viewing.
These online options will remain in place, not because we think “online church” is the future, but for a long time, it will be the only way many vulnerable populations can stay connected with us.
Both our traditional and contemporary services will be available to watch via www.royred.org/onlineservices.
Photo and Video Policy Notice – As of 6/17/2020
When you enter a Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church worship service/event, you will be entering an area where photography, video and audio recording may occur.
Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church takes photographs and/or makes audio and/or video recordings of members involved in church related activities. Staff and/or participants may use such photographs or video records to recall activities or participants. In addition, such photographs and audio/visual recordings may be used in Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church’s publications, advertising materials to let others know of our ministry, and/or streaming and website hosting of worship services. In addition, local news organizations may hear of our activities or events and our church may allow them to record our events for news reporting on special interest features.
By entering the service/event premises, you consent to, photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for live streaming, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on web sites, and/or any other purpose by Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church. You release Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church, its clergy, church officers, employees, volunteers, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, and/or publication of photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings.
By entering the service/event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church or the person or entity designated to do so by Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church.
While we can’t meet back in person just yet, we are offering many fun interactive alternatives to keep our kiddos in the Word at this time, such as:
Redeemer Kids at Home:
Redeemer Kids is still “meeting” just in the comfort of your own home. View our online services page each week to view our weekly video lessons or to sign up to recieve games, activities and more!
God’s Great Right Here:
God’s Great Right Here is all around us. We see reminders of His love everywhere we turn. Join us for a fun 4-week experience for kids and families as we explore God’s world and Word.
This program is designed to be:
Faith-Filled: Grow in God
Fun!: Join in on challenges and earn badges
Educational: Learn about God and the word
Family Friendly: The whole family can join in
Flexible: Journey at your own pace, around your schedule
Low Screen time: Just a few short videos to get you going
No Prep: Pick up your packet and you are good to go
To sign up, click here: God’s Great Right Here Registration
Have a question? Contact Laura LeBaube at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacation Bible School 2020:
Registration is currently on hold for now while we are planning a modified VBS program. Thank you for your patience.
Have a question? Contact Laura LeBaube at email@example.com
Summer Camp 2020:
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and all of the uncertainties surrounding it, we will not be offering our Summer Camp program this year. We regret any inconveniences this may cause, but your health and safety are important to us.
Have a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation Day (previously scheduled for May 10) will take place on Sunday August 30th at 1pm in the Christian Activity Center. Confirmands and immediate family members only.
High School Youth:
High School Youth is currently on hold.
Have a question? Contact Pastor Harris at email@example.com
Find joy in joining a small group!
The “small group” sign-ups are available online – it’s not too late to register. Just click the “events & sign-ups” link and select a group which offers a time slot that best aligns with your schedule.
For the time being, you’ll meet online using Zoom.
To sign up, click here: Small Group Registration
Have a question? Contact Pastor Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org