Have you ever received a LETTER FROM THE TOOTH FAIRY?
Thank you for leaving one (1) tooth under your pillow last night.
While we make every attempt to leave a monetary reward in the case of children’s lost teeth, we were unable to process your request for the following reason(s) indicated below:
( ) It was not a human tooth
( ) We do not consider pieces of chicken bone amusing
( ) The tooth has previously been redeemed for cash
( ) The tooth did not originally belong to you
( ) The tooth was too fragile to move due to excessive cavities
( ) You were overheard to state that you do not believe in the Tooth Fairy
( ) You were age 18 or older at the time your request was received
( ) We discovered evidence of unsafe tooth extraction as follows:
( ) wire
( ) pliers
( ) gunpowder
( ) hammer marks
Thank you for your request, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Lt. Flossie Fairy
Tooth Fairy Union #32
I hope you found that amusing and yet I wonder what can we learn from it….and how can we use it to draw closer to the Lord? Many people try to treat God as if He were the tooth fairy. Here are 4 tooth fairy statements…and some biblical thoughts.
- The Tooth Fairy saga can help a child find some joy in a painful process of losing a tooth.
- That is a good reminder to us that life this side of heaven will have good days and not so good days…even painful days! And yet focusing on God’s Love and the blessings He has given you, can change our outlook, and get us through the storm. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18…Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. A Christ-centered outlook will get you through anything that life throws at you.
- Sometimes (when junk happens) we need to remember that God is in control, and He will use all things to accomplish His plans.1 Peter 4:12-13…Friends, when life gets really difficult, don’t jump to the conclusion that God isn’t on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner. God is with you…nothing can separate you from the Love of God in Christ Jesus.
- A verse that helps me when times are tough is…Romans 5:3-5…Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. As the song says, our Hope is found in nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
- Some are overheard saying they don’t believe in the tooth fairy but want the cash under the pillow anyway.
- There are no shortcuts to God’s forgiveness and eternal life. There is only one way!!! We confess our sins, repent of those sins, and trust that Jesus died for your sins. Romans 10:9…If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- If life seems tough, confusing, and you feel lost, try this: Proverbs 3:5-6…Trust in the Lordwith all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Some try to cheat the system…The tooth has previously been redeemed for cash.
- You cannot fool the Lord. He can see your heart! 1 John 1:8-9…If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- The simple TRUTH is that: Acts 4:12… Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
- The person in our fantasy was told that they discovered evidence of an unsafe tooth extraction.
- On our own we cannot remove our sin. We are stained by our sinful nature. We can try to justify and blame our sins away, but the truth is, it will not accomplish anything! There is nothing you can do, say, or think that will allow you to remove your sin. The good news is that God knows about your weakness, and He has come to the rescue. John 3:16-17…For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
- I like the way the message translation puts John 3:17…God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.
So…The point I want you to see is that life can and will have tough times. Some of those you have caused…some are due to a fallen sinful world that you live in. God is not a tooth fairy…but He is much better in all ways! For one…He is real! God knows what you are going through, He promises to be there with you, and He will bring good out of every situation.
We ask kids if they believe in the tooth fairy…. well, let me ask you a more important question…the most important question… Do you believe in Jesus as your Lord and Savior? If so, Thank Him for His Love, Peace, and Joy.
May you be ROOTED (a little tooth image) and built up in Christ!!
Humor for the day:
A woman and her husband interrupted their vacation to go to the dentist. “I want a tooth pulled, and I don’t want Novocain because I’m in a big hurry,” the woman said. “Just extract the tooth as quickly as possible, and we’ll be on our way.” The dentist was quite impressed. “You’re certainly a courageous woman,” he said. “Which tooth is it?” The woman turned to her husband and said, “Show him your tooth, dear.”